For any exporter who is exporting scheduled products from India, Needs to have APEDA Registration. APEDA means Agriculture and processed food products export development authority. The main motive is to promote the export of scheduled products from India. Agriculture is a major source of livelihood, India has a huge potential in terms of various agricultural productivity.
The various scheduled products that fall under APEDA care are:
- Fruits, Vegetables and their Products
- Meat and Meat Products
- Poultry and Poultry Products
- Dairy Products
- Groundnuts, Peanuts, and Walnuts
- Honey, Jaggery and Sugar Products
- Cocoa and its products, chocolates of all kinds
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Cereal and Cereal Products
- Guar Gum
- Floriculture and Floriculture Products
- Herbal and Medicinal Plants
- Confectionery, Biscuits and Bakery Products
APEDA, since its main objective is to promote the export of agricultural scheduled product, it not only takes care of the APEDA license requirement but also looks after quality development, market development, transportation procedure assistance, and financial assistance schemes etc. APEDA has its head office in New Delhi and also has the regional office in various parts like Mumbai Kolkata Bangalore Hyderabad and Guwahati. Additionally, there are virtual offices in some cities. The Virtual offices have been established in association with respective State Governments/agencies. Basic information about APEDA, its functions, APEDA Registration, and financial assistance schemes etc. are being made available to entrepreneurs / prospective exporters through these virtual offices.
The documents one needs to have to apply for APEDA registration are as below:
- Application form duly filled, sealed and signed by the authorized signatory
- Self-certified copy of PAN issued by Income Tax Department
- Self-certified copy of Import-Export code issued by D.G.F.T. Bank Statement (for latest 2 months) and a canceled cheque
- The company should compulsorily mention their e-mail ID, phone and fax number etc. in their application
- List of Directors/Partners/Proprietor on company’s letterhead in triplicate
- Ltd./Public Ltd. Co.’ s/societies should forward a copy of their Memorandum and Article of Association and Partnership firms should forward a copy of partnership deed attested by Notary
Caonweb is the top APEDA registration consultants in India, At caonweb.com below, are the steps to your APEDA registration certificate-
- You fill in the details of your service requirement at our service section on caonweb.com
- We will fill up application, process documents and submit the application
- We track and ensure your application has been processed
- We send you your APEDA registration certificate
Regarding the price of APEDA registration, it starts at INR 11,000 including taxes.
Chartered Accountant by profession, CA Sanket Agarwal has an experience of above11 years in Cross Border compliance , Import Export , International Taxation & is a passionate content creator.