APEDA is the commonly used abbreviation for Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority it is a government organization established through the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act passed by the parliament in the year 1985 for the development and promotion of export of scheduled products.
Scheduled products are the ones specified under the APEDA Act. For exporting such scheduled products one needs to register under the APEDA Act.
The authority deals with the development and advancement of the export of agricultural products. It gives monetary help and rules for the development of agro products in India.
The products specified under the “APEDA ACT” are known as schedule products and exporters of such scheduled products (Annex: List of Scheduled Products) are required register under APEDA.
- Fruits, vegetables and their products,
- Meat and meat products,
- Poultry and poultry products,
- Dairy products,
- Confectionary, biscuits and bakery products,
- Honey, jaggery and sugar products,
- Cocoa and all its products including chocolates of all kinds,
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages,
- Cereals and Cereal products,
- Groundnuts, peanuts and walnuts,
- Pickles, chutneys and papads,
- Guar Gum,
- Floriculture and floriculture products,
- Herbal and medicinal plants.
THE SECOND SCHEDULE
1. “Basmati Rice”
Nature of Registration:
This APEDA registration is one-time registration.
Related Blog: APEDA Registration: Procedure of filing & tracking status
Benefits of APEDA Registration
As we know APEDA license registration is mandatory in India for exporting scheduled products as specified in the APEDA Act.
Benefits of the APEDA registration:
1. APEDA Certification is obtained exporters are eligible to avail numerous financial assistance schemes like:
- Market Development: for packaging development, feasibility studies, surveys, consultancy and database up-gradation, brand publicity through advertisement, participation in the buyer-seller meet, product promotion, participation in exhibitions, exchange of delegations, etc
- Infrastructure Development: for setting up of common infrastructure facilities by the State Government agencies and for private exporters.
- Scheme for Quality Development: for strengthening in-house laboratories, quality control systems like ISO/HACCP/BRC/GAP, etc. sample testing, organizational building, and HRD.
- Transport Assistance: Assistance is provided to subsidize freight components on floriculture, fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, fresh culinary herbs, dried flowers, processed fruits, vegetables, poultry, dairy products, and medicinal plants.
2. It helps the exporters in brand publicity through advertisement, packaging development, database up-gradation and surveys etc
3. Provides guidance, advice and support to exporters regarding various products and countries for export of scheduled products.
4. Members/ Exporters with APEDA registration can participate in training programmes organized by the authority to improve their businesses.
Documents Requirement for APEDA Registration Online:
- Import & Export Certificate
- Bank Certificate
- Cancelled cheque Copy
- PAN Card Copy
- Name & Address of the Proprietor/Directors/Partners
- Telephone No. and e-mail id (Mobile, Landline both)
- Passport Size Photograph – 1
- Rent Agreement for office premises (optional)
- Date of commencement of the business
- MSME registration certificate (optional)
- Number of male and female employees
- Items to export
Time for generation of APEDA certificate: It takes around 1-3 working days.
Related Blog: HOW TO GET APEDA REGISTRATION?
Why Apeda Registration is required?
APEDA Registration is required for the export of scheduled products wherein the List of Scheduled Products is mentioned above.
How do I get an APEDA certificate?
The certificate can be generated by filing a registration application with the authority and paying the requisite fee. To submit a query click on APEDA REGISTRATION
How do I apply online for Rcmc?
The RCMC can applied by filing the prescribed form for APEDA registration online. The process require expert advice and one can take help of CA services.
How to Renew my APEDA license:
APEDA registration is a one-time registration and does not have any renewal requirements.
What are the scheduled products that required the APEDA Certificate?
The detailed list has been mentioned in the blog for more information kindly search and find the topic by clicking on the link https://blog.caonweb.com/