IEC is the abbreviation used for Import-export code which is a 10 digit unique code being issued by DGFT (Directorate general of foreign trade). DGFT works directly under Ministry of commerce, GOI. All businesses that are looking forward to trade in goods across borders must get IEC online registration at the earliest to smoothly run their business.
For example: If you’re trading mobile phones from UAE to India then you must have IEC registration done before hand or else you won’t be able to import such product.
How to find the IEC registration expert online?
In the era of digitization where every business is taking their business operation online, you can also find the best IEC experts services in your area. Traders look for a trustworthy IEC registration expert. An IEC registration expert will not just help in getting the IEC code but will also provide other services which are essential in Import-export operations of the company.
Find IEC Code Online [https://www.ieccodeonline.com/] >>> Choose the service >>> choose the type of company >>> Fill in the details of your company >>> Attach the documents [PAN, Address proof, GST certificate & Bank statement] >>> Pay the required fee.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’s)
Q.) How can I register for IEC?
Broadly there are two (2) ways of getting your IEC registration viz.
- Online method
- Offline method
Q.) What is IEC registration?
Import-export registration is an authorization certificate which is issued to an individual or an organization by the government to trade. It helps in the smooth flow of goods across borders.
For example: If you want to export your goods to Russia and accept the other shipment from there for the purpose of reselling, then you must have IEC registration certificate to make this transaction a reality.
Q.) What are the documents required for IEC code?
- Photograph of the applicant
- Copy PAN Card.
- Bank certificate
- Find the complete list of documents required for IEC registration in India with the help of mentioned link (https://www.ieccodeonline.com/iec-document.php)
Q.) How can I download an IEC certificate?
- Visit Online IEC code registration website.
- Enter the details such as:
- PAN number
- Name as mentioned in the PAN card
- Date of Incorporation (As per the PAN)
- Latest file number without slash
- Latest file date
- Enter the OTP [Registered no. or email ID].
- Fill in the CAPTCHA & submit.
- A new window will be opened where you have to enter your PAN card number, as per the PAN card number the Email Id and the Contact number will be auto-populated. (Registered Email Id and mobile number).
- Mention the OTP details and submit.
- Take the print of your IEC certificate.
Q.) Can a person/entity have more than 1 IEC code?
No, it is not possible to hold more than one IEC registration code since it is issued on the basis of PAN Card and a single PAN card holder can get only 1 IEC registration under it.
Q.) What happens if the IEC number is lost or misplaced?
If the IEC number is lost/replaced then you can get the duplicate certificate issued for the same through any of the modes mentioned above.
Q.) Can Export/Import be made without IEC?
No, one cannot make an import export without IEC. (Unless specifically specified in the act)
Q.) What are the benefits of IEC?
Various benefits associated with IEC registration:
- Convenience in imports & exports
- Expanding your business operations
- Avail benefits of government schemes & subsidies
- Unlock benefits of international business market places
Q.) Can I get an IEC code without a registered company name?
- Yes, one can get IEC code without registering the name of their company. This condition will be applicable only when you want IEC license under your name.
- But if you want IEC code in the name of company then one must get their company registered first and then Apply IEC Code Online.
Q.) How many days can we get an IEC Code Online?
- Getting IEC license online is a more convenient and speedy process.
- In the offline mode you need to send the application form with the self-attested documents to the regional DGFT while this condition is done away with while you are applying through the online mode. This saves a considerable amount of time of the applicant.
- Once you have applied through the online mode & all your documents are successfully verified; you will receive your IEC License within 1 to 3 working days.